“Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:
1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.”
NOW it is changed to this.
1.A congregation committed to ADORATION.
2.A congregation preaching SALVATION.
3.A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
4.A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
5.A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
6.A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
7.A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
8.A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
9.A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
10.A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.
Looking at Obama and black liberation theology