Saturday, April 12, 2008

THIS ONE HAS LEGS...............................


From: AmericaAndAllies
Transcript from Lou Dobbs Tonight



We were all wondering if the story was going to have legs after Huffington Post broke the story yesterday....Barack Obama was quoted saying "You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years. ... And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

I think it does have legs by what I have been hearing on the tube and reading online. No I doubt I have not read it all but I have seen a lot today and the word is it will make it to the Sunday political talk shows which means it will be around next week. You have probably seen all I have seen but if not I will update you with what I have read. Oh my where to start....I will start with the network news online......ABC has a couple Obama Says Some Voters Are Angry, Bitter and Obama Explains 'Bitter' Comments, but Rivals Pile On. Moving on to CBS they have the same Associated Press piece Obama Defends Comments On "Bitter" Voters .Oh well, they all use the same source I guess that is the easy way to cover a story. No I am not complaining, at least they are covering it..MSNBC has a couple to read if you want to go to their site Obama Pushes Back Against Criticism and Obama Backs Down A Bit Over Comments. FOX NEWS has a bit to say about the subject.....Obama on Guns and Religion : 'I didn't say it as well as I should have'.....CNN is covering it like this....Obama on "Bitter" remark "I didn't say it as well as I should have". Well needless to say the online papers are covering it as well. The New York Times has Opponents Call Obama's Remarks 'Out Of Touch'. The Washington Post... Opponents paint Obama as an Elitist.....OK, last one because I think you get the point.....Small Town Gate Continues.. Yes it has legs now lets see how long they get.........If I come across a must read on this subject I will post it here.

Obama Expands on 'Bitter' Pennsylvanians Comment

Obama's None-To-Bright Remarks

The McGovernization of Obama

Geoffrey Garin: Obama's Small-Town Comments Would Damage Him In General Election -- And Super-Dels Should Consider Them

GOP Turns Up Heat on Democrats Over Obama “Bitter” Remark

12 reasons 'bitter' is bad for Obama

MY OPINION: He is clueless to how Americans feel. I take what he said as as insult to middle class Americans, well all Americans really.... and when I saw what he had said the first thing that came to mind was "Typical White Person"...... I was at The Page yesterday and saw that Karl Rove said on Fox this will “doom” any chance he has at winning Pennsylvania, ( I say good!) while conservative activist Grover Norquist said “That sentence will lose him the election.” [The Page has a link to ABC where he said that.] I think it should lose him the election. I am sick of being talked down to, being referred to as whiter, older and less educated and affluent than the rest of the country because I support Senator Clinton.... Well this "Typical White Person", "whiter, older and less educated and affluent than the rest of the country" will never vote for Barack Obama.....He is no uniter he is a divider. Look what he has done to America over the last few months.... People are being threatened, called racist put down daily by Obama supporters. He and his supporters have taken this country back 40 years. Does Obama agree with them?......... He is standing by what he has said "they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people". He is the one, he and his supporters are bitter, they have divided the democratic party. Have you noticed how he is always blaming someone else when something goes wrong for him. Who will he blame this time?.....The words came out of his own mouth... Someone said this is the New Democratic Party, well I want no part of it. After 30 years of being a democrat I find my self wanting out.